Polar Star

Polar Star
Will She break some more ice?...

Friday, May 27, 2011

Almost there!!!

Dear Friends,
It is Friday, 21:30 and it has been another very busy day.
But I shall start packing soon with the smile on my face, as most of the crew is travelling home now!

Last plane with Filipinos left Las Plamas an hour ago. It is still a long way home for them but the kind of that we seamen are used to.
Two Polish are stuck in Madrid thanks to... President Obama visiting Poland and thus airspace closed :-)

Five of us left on board are enjoying the very last gangway duties and are getting ready to go home tomorrow.

If you do not hear from me for the rest of the weekend now, it is beacuse I will be travelling too.

But for now, my huge respect to you, for all your help of whichever kind.
Without YOU we would not make it back home so fast.

I still hope our second home will become again a joy and shelter for many more seaman, expedition staff and passengers.
I dream we meet on Polar Star again. And just the idea of it makes me smile...

Thank you ALL!!!

Jacek

No comments:

Post a Comment